Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone talk to me about adult dyspraxia and pain?

(1 Post)
toothpasteinthetree Tue 09-Dec-14 21:31:40

I've always had dyspraxia quite severely but variably - sometimes I seem OK, sometimes I find it difficult to walk and talk etc. It hasn't affected my adult life too badly - though I have a sedentary and non customer-facing job and need my DP and kids to do all the DIY, gardening, driving etc. I'm now almost 40, and my symptoms do seem recently to have been getting worse - I'm clumsier and find it harder to focus my eyes.

Over the last few years, I've been getting pains in all the areas where I find movement hardest - mainly my hips and my knees. All bloods etc have come back negative for all forms of arthritis. Does anyone know if I'm right to assume that it's dyspraxia-related? Does anyone know what, other than take ibuprofen or coedine, I can do about it? I'm starting to worry a bit because the pain has recently started spreading to my arms and chest as well, which seems less logical or explainable.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now