Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Need to vent about my body. WARNING - pity party!

(9 Posts)
AllIWantForChristmasIsANewBody Tue 09-Dec-14 17:46:52

I've had enough of my body. It's one thing after another lately.

Last December I had my first mammogram, just before my 40th birthday. Results came back dodgy and in the new year I had a core needle biopsy, which thankfully came back fine, but as a result I ended up having a bilateral major ductal excision to stop discharge.

This surgery was mid-September. Then mid-November I had a endometrial ablation. Since the September surgery I've been really run down, catching virus after virus. This has been worse since the second surgery, as it's obviously working hard repairing itself.

The past couple of days I have finally felt like I'm getting back to being me, then this morning I woke up with a huge cold sore and the start of a cold.

Then the post arrived at lunchtime and they have concerns about my mammograms and want me back for more tests!

I've had enough of 2014. I know this post totally outs me, but I honestly don't care tonight. Sorry for whining.

TheSpottedZebra Tue 09-Dec-14 20:10:08

Oh no, you poor thing. Sometimes just one thing after another, isn't it?

I am also looking forward to being shot of 2014! Hope 2015 is much better for us both.

AllIWantForChristmasIsANewBody Tue 09-Dec-14 20:48:13

Thank you. Here's to a happy new year.

BlackBettyBamALam Tue 09-Dec-14 20:54:02

So sorry you're fed up, sounds like you have had a right time of it recently. I can relate to how you feel, it's one thing after another here too. Just wish my body would go back to working properly, I won't take it for granted ever again.
Hope you feel better soon flowers

AllIWantForChristmasIsANewBody Tue 09-Dec-14 22:26:11

Thank you and sorry for being so pathetic.

BlackBettyBamALam Wed 10-Dec-14 00:01:45

You're not being pathetic - you've had a lot to deal with and it takes its toll. Be kind to yourself flowers

SageSeymour Wed 10-Dec-14 13:13:56

I hear ya and wanted to extend a hand of sympathy

I shan't go into my health woes of 2014 but I understand how you feel albeit I have slightly different stuff going on

It absolutely sucks and I truly hope you feel better soon

ELR Wed 10-Dec-14 19:23:43

Room for one more??
I know exactly how you feel, although I have different health issues I can't wait for 2015!!
Here's to a new year for all of us wine

AllIWantForChristmasIsANewBody Fri 12-Dec-14 19:20:26

Thanks again. Sorry so many of you are going through the same. :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now