Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Woken by pain in right arm

(2 Posts)
BonnieWeeJeannieMcCall Tue 09-Dec-14 10:13:25

Several times in the last 2 or 3 weeks I've woken up with a pain in my right arm, from elbow to fingers, pins and needles. and a sharp pain going down one finger.

Each time I've assumed that I've lain oddly on the arm and it's "gone to sleep" and then moving in my sleep and the return of blood has caused the pain which has woken me. The pain lasts about 20 mins and then I go back to sleep.

It happened again last night, but although the pain went, the pins and needles persisted. My right hand is still tingly (10am). No idea what time I woke up in the night, but I'm guessing 4 or 5am ish.

What is this and what can I do about it?

mawinter Tue 09-Dec-14 11:36:33

Sounds a lot like Ulnar Nerve Entrapment. I had this and it was quite bad (dumb ortho doc let it go for several years), eventually I needed surgery to cure it. Visit your GP and if they insist it is nothing, demand to be sent over to a Neurologist. They are better at running the tests for it than most Ortho docs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now