Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Acne help

(4 Posts)
Stargirl7 Tue 09-Dec-14 07:45:39

Hi all,

I've had mild acne since I was 11. I'm now 31 and never has it got me down more. Since my baby 8 weeks again it has flared up like never before. Docs assured me my hormones would probably rid of it during pregnancy! It really gets me down and is bloody sore! I've also got horrific chapped lips.
I've tried all sorts of creams, pills etc and nothing has worked. Anyone out there with experience of bad skin and anything they used would be greatly appreciated!

ChaosK Tue 09-Dec-14 08:23:30

Hi, Poor you. Your hormones are clearly up the creek following the birth of your baby. Please see a GP - there are loads of lotions and potions that can be prescribed - some containing antibiotics. My teenage DS has tried a wide variety - and found DUAC the best (It has been unavailable for a few months - but is now back in stock.) Might be worth a try. Good luck.

iwantginsoakedXmas Tue 09-Dec-14 08:43:23

Your hormones will be all awry after the birth of your baby. So things may settle a little over the next few months. But ime if you have had the acne for 20 years it is unlikely to go away soon.

GP. Then ask for a referral to a Dermatologist.

I am in the same position - mine has only ever been kept at bay by the combined pill. Other treatments - antibiotics/creams etc work to an extent -but not enough to make me feel confident. And I am 47! So don't suffer - and don't be fobbed off. A doctor told me it would clear up " when I was 40" . Really doc ???

Stargirl7 Wed 10-Dec-14 10:56:12

Thanks all, it's so depressing isn't it? They are cropping up in places I've never had them before now too!
Been to three NHS derms in my lifetime and nothing helped. Wondering if it would be worth paying privately? One once told me my only hope was roaccutane but it's an aggressive treatment and you can't have it when breast feeding,
Duac and differin cream were fab and then I developed a reaction to them confused ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now