Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone relate to this? (PMT related)

(4 Posts)
Mummyheart Tue 09-Dec-14 02:00:04

Hi all this is my first post. I'm 39 and have 2 fantastic kids of 7 and 3. I also have a lovely hands on husband too. However, after my 3 year old boy was born I started to get PMT really badly. I would say bordering on PMDD. It really really scares me. I can literally feel the hormones going wild around my body. It used to happen 10 days before coming on but now it seems to be around ovulation sometimes instead, sometimes as well so now I don't quite realise until I've been a cow I yell, go off angry in the car, think what's the point and feel very empty and feel crazy and destructive tell husband it's over, throw the wedding ring at him etc and then I'm ok again. Yet normally I'm a kind of peace and love kind of person. I've tried Evening Primrose, Magnesium, Exercise, No salt/sugar, Bach but nothing helps. Can anyone relate to this? What other things have you tried for it if so? X

TwoAndTwoEqualsChaos Tue 09-Dec-14 02:02:52

Oooh, can totally relate (though am 36 and after five full-term pregnancies).

No answers, though.

redcaryellowcar Tue 09-Dec-14 04:46:41

I find my pmt comes out as feelings of loneliness, we moved to a new town a year before ds1 arrived so have more friends and acquaintances due to the dc than ever before but still monthly I am checking right move, planning a total relocation and feeling like no one ever returns our invites to tea etc?
My mum mentioned she saw an article about pmt and how natural progesterone supplement can help loads, not sure if it's available on nhs, but maybe worth a Google and chatting gp?

QuickSilverFairy Tue 09-Dec-14 05:03:49

Mummy, I am 49 and experience much of what you wrote about. I almost feel a surge of hormones a week before my period is due. My symptoms include both rage and depression. I found increasing my exercise to 55 minutes 5 times a week and sharply decreasing my caffeine intake has helped alleviate the intensity of those feelings.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now