Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bowel/bum problems (sorry)

(18 Posts)
DextersMistress Mon 08-Dec-14 17:18:47

Long time lurker-hi all.
I'll start by saying I have phoned my GP but don't have an appointment for 2 weeks so thought is ask on here.

I've been having some problems for a while. I don't get much notice when I need the toilet. I will all of a sudden get pains and need to rush to go. When I do go, it's not right iykwim. Its always in small lumps and can take me 20 minutes to finish.

Also, (sorry about this bit) I'm getting a kind of discharge from my back passage, and a lot of blood. Just the slight pushing pressure of having a wee will make my bottom leak this pale brown mucusy stuff, along with some blood. If I push harder there'll be a lot of both.
I have suffered with piles since having my dc, and they have bled in the past but not with this discharge as well.

Finally, my stomach is very bloated. Worse so after I've been to the toilet.
Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

overthebliddyhill Mon 08-Dec-14 17:21:57

Two weeks is too long to wait for an appointment. You need to be seen sooner rather than later.

CatCushion Mon 08-Dec-14 17:22:44

Ask GP for an urgent appointment tomorrow.

MagratsHair Mon 08-Dec-14 17:25:44

Us the blood bright red or is it like coffee grounds?

If its red like you've cut your finger make an urgent appt with your GP .

If its like coffee grounds you need to go to a walk in centre tonight. If you don't have a walk in centre then go to A&E.

DextersMistress Mon 08-Dec-14 17:43:57

Thank you for the quick replie. The blood is bright red, like I've had before with the piles. The other stuff is light brown, like a jelly type discharge. I hadn't thought it serious enough for an emergency appointment but I'll call again tomorrow.

Haggisfish Mon 08-Dec-14 17:51:50

I had similar discharge and it was just irritated internal piles. However, I made an urgent gp appointment when I noticed the symptoms.

Haggisfish Mon 08-Dec-14 17:53:48

How old are you and have you given birth within last year? Sounds random but I have noticed quite a few women have vowel problems about nine months after birth-informally there seems to be a potential link to overactive thyroid after birth.

TheBabyFacedAssassin Mon 08-Dec-14 17:56:57

It sounds a bit like IBS. I agree with pp, try and get an urgent appointment. And prepare yourself for an, ahem, internal examination. In the meantime peppermint tea can help ease discomfort and bloating. Or else Buscopan which you can buy otc can also help ease cramps if you have them. You have my sympathy, it's not pleasant!

DextersMistress Mon 08-Dec-14 17:57:12

I'm 30 and my youngest is 2. haggis that's what I'd suspected it to be, I'll give the GP a ring again anyway, thanks everyone.

DextersMistress Mon 08-Dec-14 18:17:59

X-posted with you there TheBaby oh that wouldn't be good sad thanks for the tips though.

Haggisfish Mon 08-Dec-14 18:22:13

I found proctosedyl suppositories the best in terms of stopping pain and reducing swelling. Don't be fobbed off with anusol!!

Haggisfish Mon 08-Dec-14 18:23:05

And internal exam was fine-a well lubed finger up bum. Odd and slightly unpleasant but nothing worse.

DextersMistress Mon 08-Dec-14 18:33:51

I've used anusol before, it did nothing! I'm not too bothered about the exam tbh, need must and all that. I'll look at it like a smear <weeps silently>

TheBabyFacedAssassin Mon 08-Dec-14 19:30:53

The exam is fine, as you say, needs must! I reckon it's better to be prepared smile

DextersMistress Wed 10-Dec-14 12:47:38

Just a quick update, saw my GP today.
Nothing to worry about, constipation and irritated piles. Thank you all for the advice. flowers

MagratsLongWhiteBeard Wed 10-Dec-14 14:31:34

Good smile

Haggisfish Wed 10-Dec-14 18:34:02

I'm glad it's nothing worse.

chloejaynemummy Fri 12-Dec-14 09:37:17

Piles make u worry so much mine keep flaring up bit of blood here and there then can't walk for a while as theye hurt. No one tells u what happens to ur body after a baby do they xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now