Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Chest pain- just from coughing?

(9 Posts)
Dappymummy Mon 08-Dec-14 13:43:26

Had a throat virus about 10 days ago. Left me with a cough since. Last 3 days being feeling my chest is aching/ tight. Begining to panic that it's my heart (prone to health anxiety). Can a chest really ache like this from couging. I don't have a fever so it can't be an infection can it?

Dappymummy Mon 08-Dec-14 16:11:48

Anyone ?

nataliejayne1 Mon 08-Dec-14 16:16:45

Yes it is possible. I have lung problems so probably not the best person to help with the anxiety. I actually had a lot of chest pain plus other symptoms such as coughing up blood and pain in my collar bone and bottom of ribs which doctors eventually found out was due to a lung tumour

I would try not to worry though. Coughing can make your chest hurt, I would wait a little longer and if you still feel no better go to the doctors

Look after yourself and hope you feel better soon

allypally999 Mon 08-Dec-14 16:40:07

yes .. I sprained my chest wall once (flu on holiday) ... it was very sore for weeks but diagnosed at hospital so you should check it out as we are not docs here!

Hurr1cane Mon 08-Dec-14 16:45:18

I've sprained my chest once. I could hardly move, I thought I was dying or something it was horrific. But it wasn't anything serious, painful, but not serious.

Dappymummy Mon 08-Dec-14 16:45:31

Thanks. Made appt at drs as feeling worse. Kids had similar bug but i have been very run down recently so worried that I have secondary infection. Hope you are ok Nathalie.

nataliejayne1 Mon 08-Dec-14 18:06:25

Thanks dappy. All fine now, got my 5years clear and discharge this year. Please keep us updated

Dappymummy Mon 08-Dec-14 19:28:40

Back from Gp. Very rushed but had a quick listen to my chest. Couldn't hear anything but offered me amoxcillin 500mg. Not sure if some of chest pain is to do with stress too. Not taken Antibiotics for 10 years plus so I might take them as feel dreadful. Glad you are well Natalie.

trolleycoin Mon 08-Dec-14 19:39:13

Sounds like one of the current viruses that is doing the rounds, I've spoken to loads of people who have had the chest aches with it (myself included). Its a weird one. Get well soon brew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now