Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nasal polyps - totally blocked nostril - anything that will help?

(5 Posts)
GlaxayBites Sun 07-Dec-14 20:13:37

I've recent been diagnosed with nasal polyps, which have blocked off one nostril so quite large.

I've been given a steroid spray to use for a few weeks to see if that makes a difference but if not to be referred to ENT to look at havto them removed.

I'm keen to avoid this so was wondering if anyone had any success in reducing them. I've read avoiding alcohol, salt and dairy can help. As can nasal rinses and a humidifier at night

Any advice welcome!

GlaxayBites Mon 08-Dec-14 18:40:40

ClaimedByMe Mon 08-Dec-14 18:43:31

Dp was diagnosed with these a few weeks ago, he was given a 2 week course of oral steroids and long term nasel drops twice a day, the oral steroids alone made such a difference!

GlaxayBites Mon 08-Dec-14 20:35:20

Good to know that the oral steroids made a difference to your dp. I've been using the nasal spray for a few days but there has been no difference so far. Perhaps oral steroids would be the next step then. Thanks smile

ClaimedByMe Mon 08-Dec-14 21:50:40

Dp had to use the oral steroids to reduce the size for 2 weeks then start the drops, he didn't use the drops for a few days this weekend and started snoring and getting a headache again, he's back on the drops again today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now