Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is Nurofen Plus any good for migraine?

(5 Posts)
Kittykat7 Sat 06-Dec-14 10:51:09

I recently tried Panedeine Forte think it's same as Cp Codamol in the UK. 500 mg paracetamol & 30mg codeine. It didn't touch the pain at all. I also got an itch rash from the high dose of codeine.
I can't take Tryptans due to taking other meds. I haven't tried Nurofen plus but I know just normal Nurofen doesn't relieve any pain for me.

DayLillie Sun 07-Dec-14 17:32:22

nurophen plus has codeine in it.

It is the best thing I had for migraine without aura. Not perfect

MimsyBorogroves Sun 07-Dec-14 17:39:55

Have you tried 3 crushed up aspirin in a glass of regular (full sugar) coke? That works well for me if I can't take my sumatriptan.

Kittykat7 Mon 08-Dec-14 13:19:21

Thanks for the replies.I can take Panedeine extra, x 2 tablets which has 15mg codeine & 500mg paracetamol. For normal headache & back pain I get relief with 15-20 mins. As the migraine headache is more intense my Dr prescribed Panedeine Forte 500mg paracetomol & 30 mg codeine. I took 2 x tablets so had 60mg codeine but I had no relief at all. I got an itchy rash too.

My dr suggested me trying Nurofen plus as it's an anti inflammatory it might help. I realise it does contain codeine. I am ok with the tablets containing 15mg codeine or lower but not 30mg.

I couldn't drink full sugar coke as just too sweet for me. I will try some soluble aspirin next time to see if that helps.

SydneyB Mon 08-Dec-14 15:44:24

Codeine or any strong painkillers like that have never done anything to stop my migraines - triptans or yes, 3 soluble aspirin as soon as you can. Doesn't have to be in coke. Have a coffee with it. It's the caffeine I think that speeds it all up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now