Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Urine leakage?!

(7 Posts)
Haveimiscarried Sat 06-Dec-14 08:48:26

I'm mid twenties, never had bladder issues before. The past week I've had a lot more discharge than usual (getting the feeling that I've just started my period and need to get to loo quick, but all that's there is discharge). Enough to make my knickers wet but doesn't soak through further than that.

However, I have also had 3 instances this week where I have leaked urine without realising during the night. I will only know when I go to the loo in the morning, and my knickers are wet and smell like wee. Has anyone else had this? It's appeared from nowhere!

Cocolepew Sat 06-Dec-14 08:56:30

It sounds like a UTI, you'll need to leave a sample in with your GP.

hissingcat Sun 07-Dec-14 19:52:57

Are you sure it's urine? large amounts of watery discharge can be a symptom of bacterial vaginosis.

Haveimiscarried Sun 07-Dec-14 20:25:03

It is definitely urine. But the large amounts of discharge is happening every day, whereas I haven't had the urine leakage since the last 3 times.

I had intercourse for the first time in a while on Saturday, which seems to be when it all started. Does that make a difference?

hissingcat Sun 07-Dec-14 20:44:08

It could be a UTI. do you have any discomfort or stinging when passing water or feeling that you need to go more frequently?
Have you had the discharge for longer?

Haveimiscarried Sun 07-Dec-14 21:04:58

Definitely feel like I need to go more frequently, but I've noticed that for about 3 weeks now. Increased discharge and urine leaking all started last Sunday after intercourse

hissingcat Sun 07-Dec-14 21:19:45

You should probably go to the doctor. They will probably take some swabs to check the discharge and maybe a urine sample.
Thrush can also cause a watery discharge without itching or other symptoms too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now