Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Please diagnose me!

(8 Posts)
MrsRaegan Tue 02-Dec-14 18:49:37

My poor foot/heel is in bloody agony! I can't put it flat to the floor when walking so I'm limping on my tiptoes. It hurts like buggery when I lift my foot from the floor, to walk. The pain is mostly in my heel, but spreads when I walk/move it.

I've banned myself from consulting with Dr. Google in the fear he'll diagnose an amputation. Any ideas? I have GP tomorrow. TIA!

jalopy Tue 02-Dec-14 18:57:11

Possibly plantar fasciitis. Your foot wont drop off.

MrsRaegan Tue 02-Dec-14 19:08:45

Are you sure? grin

sksk Tue 02-Dec-14 19:17:06

Probably plantar fasciitis. Freeze a small bottle of water and roll your foot on it. Do not walk around the house barefoot, especially when first getting out of bed. Look up some stretches for the calf/achilles/foot. Look into orthotic supports or supports in Boots- they are like insoles. Good luck and take some pain relief. Sorry for short post-parent of a toddler here!

anyoldname76 Tue 02-Dec-14 19:18:02

Have you got anything stuck in your foot? I only ask was I had a horribly painful foot last week, when I checked it I had one of my dogs hairs stuck in it shock

MrsRaegan Tue 02-Dec-14 19:32:55

sksk do you mean wear slippers? Or just socks. Will try the frozen water. It's especially sore in the morning. Feels like it seizes up over night.

anyoldname76 ouch! I'm pretty sure it's muscle/ligament related. It's just that kind of pain iykwim?

sksk Wed 03-Dec-14 21:20:03

Sounds very typical of plantar fasciitis. Yes to the slippers. It's worse when you wake up as the foot is not stretched overnight. You can get a night splint to wear overnight but I would suggest trying the they things first and if you can afford to, maybe see s physiotherapist even if it is a one off. Hope it gets better soon- I feel your pain.

hiddenhome Sun 07-Dec-14 09:06:30

Ask to be referred to a podiatrist who will provide you with custom made orthotic shoe inserts.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: