Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

please help me work this out!

(3 Posts)
patandjess Mon 01-Dec-14 21:13:04

After my last baby I had a sore spot on my stomach, just above and to the left of my belly button, which felt like a bruise. I had it during the pregnancy as well, and the midwife said it was muscle stretching. Anyway, it continued after the pregnancy, and now two years on I still have it, and I have noticed it on the other side of the rectus abdominis muscle too. It used to only hurt when pressed, but now recently I'm having a feeling of discomfort more generally in that area, on the left, and under my ribs. I've had two ultrasounds (of both the abdominal muscles and the organs) which showed nothing, and recent blood tests for something else were normal. No other digestive symptoms.
Now I don't know how far to push this with my GP - they say they have investigated and it's obviously nothing to worry about. I am still anxious about it though. Has anyone ever had anything like this, and where do you think I should go from here?

mawinter Mon 01-Dec-14 22:20:30

When you lay absolutely flat (on a floor) and do a sit up does your abdomen look like it is caving inward?

patandjess Sun 07-Dec-14 15:00:18

Sorry for delay!

Nope, just looks normal. if anything there is a slight dome where my muscles still have a slight separation, but the women's physio I saw said its not that bad at all and she couldn't see anything wrong.

Why do you ask?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now