Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fibrocystic in one breast?!

(15 Posts)
Lyndz123 Mon 01-Dec-14 13:06:59

I've recently been having problems with my right breast so i attended my gp who said i have a cyst and then another gp said i have a cluster of cysts. I cant even hold my daughter against my right breast as it's really sore and lumpy. Has anyone else had this? I feel so bad for my 9 month old as i jump and scream when she goes to give me a cuddle. I have an appointment with the breast clinic in a few weeks as i am really worried and convinced it's breast cancer i have. I suffer really bad with anxiety which isnt helping

EmberElftree Mon 01-Dec-14 13:44:07

Hi Lyndz, I'm in the same boat pain & anxiety wise although my GP said 'there's probably nothing to worry about' I am seeking a second opinion on Wednesday with another GP who I trust. My mum used to suffer with painful cysts and I'm ashamed to say that when I was a pre-teen I used to think she was over-reacting when she screamed if anyone accidentally bumped into her but now I have similar pain that she used to have I can completely sympathise. My mum is 63 now and has no problems, since going through MP. I guess the best advice is try not to freak out until we know exactly what is going on and the best way to do that is to go get checked out.

Lyndz123 Tue 02-Dec-14 16:32:43

I am trying to keep busy and calm. The pain is quite bad today though. I'm goin to Germany on Thursday for a few days and dont want to spend my time there worrying especially as its my little girls first time

EmberElftree Wed 03-Dec-14 11:02:31

How are you feeling today? I went to my usual GP today who is more experienced and she has put me on a course of antibiotics to clear up the marks on my breast. She seems to think they are just skin blemishes. Hoping this will clear them up and will continue to apply the anti-biotic gel also. Once my period starts I can book in for my Mammogram & US. My pain isn't as bad today it is easing off so I hope this is just normal pre-menstrual pain which has been exacerbated by the physical marks. I hope you enjoy your girls getaway and try to put this aside for a few days.

Lyndz123 Tue 09-Dec-14 16:13:41

I hope they are working for you. I got home yesterday to a letter giving me a new appoitment for tomorrow so i'm really nervous now. I'm in a bit of pain today but i'm due my period soon so i'm hoping it's to do with that.

PeriPathetic Tue 09-Dec-14 16:36:41

Another sufferer here., you have my sympathies. Please don't worry, I'm sure it will be fine.

I've been advised to avoid coffee and stress. Avoiding coffee is easy, stress not so much! It definitely gets worse when I'm stressed. For a very bad flare up, antibiotics can help. Hormones also play a part.

Hope all goes well tomorrow.

EmberElftree Wed 10-Dec-14 08:18:48

Thanks Lyndz I've finished the course now - I had 20 tablets. They have made one of the marks a little smaller and lighter in colour but they are still there. I've just finished my period so have booked in for mammogram and US tomorrow afternoon. Terrified.

Hope your appointment goes well today I'm thinking of you. Thanks for your post Peri, I know about the stress easier said than done, eh?!

Lyndz123 Wed 10-Dec-14 14:06:06

So i had my appointment this morning and the exam and ultrasound showed no lumps. The consultant said i have lumpy breasts but normal. Why am i still worried?

EmberElftree Thu 11-Dec-14 04:45:35

That's great news!
Did they remove your cysts? I've heard that they can suck the fluid out which may give you some relief?

Lyndz123 Thu 11-Dec-14 08:27:41

No there was no cyst there to be seen?!

EmberElftree Thu 11-Dec-14 13:23:46

Oh well that's double great news then!! I"m just back from my mammogram they took 4 shots then went off to check with the doctor then they came back and said they had to take 1 more from each breast and they used a different plate a smaller one and they drew on my boobs and took the extra shots. Then I was dismissed. Have to go back again on Sat pm for an ultrasound but waiting on insurance to approve (not in UK). More bloody waiting. Am totally shitting myself as they had to take extra shots and didn't tell me what they saw on the X-rays. Can only assume it's bad news. Will have a large G&T in a minute and DH gets home in 45 mins so looking forward to the big cuddle he has for me sad

Lyndz123 Thu 11-Dec-14 20:34:45

Aww poor u! Hopefully all will be ok with you. I'm still worried that they missed something on the ultrasound even though the consultant examined me and said all was normal

EmberElftree Sat 13-Dec-14 11:07:16

So back from my US they spent ages going round and round both breasts and took a lot of photos. I kept my eyes shut to stave off the panic. Got to wait until tomorrow when they'll send the report to my GP. The nurse did the US first then the doc came in and did it all over again. Then she mumbled something about I think the marks on your left breast are skin lesions and I said but why have they not cleared up after a weeks course of AB? And she mumbled something about seeing a dermatologist…?

So now am still in limbo - is this good news? Or are they just putting off bad news by not telling me the results? Arrrggh!

Lyndz123 Sat 13-Dec-14 13:58:34

It sounds like you have a skin condition rather than anything serious if she mentioned a dermatologist. Let me know how you get on tomorrow. I think you are ok though

EmberElftree Sun 14-Dec-14 13:13:26

Thanks Lyndz it's been good to have another woman to "talk" to about this, the waiting is torture. So I got my results back I have lots of simple and complicated cysts - 6 in my left breast and 4 in my right breast.

I got a BI-RADS 3 rating for both breasts. Probably benign finding - initial short interval follow up required. The "probably" worries me somewhat and having to go back again in 6 months. But I guess I'll have to keep an eye out. I googled once again (!) and apparently cysts are very common in woman aged 35-50.

My mum had lots of problems with cysts in her breasts before MP and had ops to remove them. I will chat to her about it when I see her, she is coming to see us for Christmas. Wanted to get the results before I talked to her about it just in case.

So can stop pickling myself in wine every night to block out the fear I suppose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now