Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

this cough that's going around

(7 Posts)
sacbina Sun 30-Nov-14 22:05:26

no real cold symptoms, just a tickly annoying chesty cough, bringing up green phlegm, keeping me awake at night

dd passed it to me, now dh has it and ds started this morning

what can I do it take to get rid??

3catsandcounting Sun 30-Nov-14 22:21:38

I had this cough for weeks; was ok during the day, but as soon as I lay down at night it started, and kept waking me up.
The only thing that helped was the new Broncostop pastilles. I kept them by my bed and took one in the night when needed - they really did work!

sacbina Sun 30-Nov-14 22:29:47

pharmacy or supermarket?? also need something suitable for dd, she's had it for weeks and is exhausted!

3catsandcounting Sun 30-Nov-14 23:00:33

I got them from Tesco pharmacy; pastilles or syrup (they're not for under-12s though!)

sacbina Sun 30-Nov-14 23:04:57

thank you. just got to get through tonight!

HeyMacWey Sun 30-Nov-14 23:05:02

I've had this for the last 3 weeks. Olbas oil is the only thing that's worked for me. About 5 drops concentrated onto a tissue and then sleeping practically on top of it. Vicks vapour steam a few times throughout the day too.
It's now gravitated to my sinuses so no sense of taste or smell.

sacbina Sun 30-Nov-14 23:38:23

off to nick some of dcs olbas oil. night not going well so far, coughing since I lay down, well more than I was when upright and that was endless.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now