Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stupid cold how to get rid quick!

(7 Posts)
chloejaynemummy Sun 30-Nov-14 19:22:46

My lg has had a cough and snotty nose past week however she seems to sharing them with me sad woke up this morning with sore throat tired achey thought it was from to much disarano and scrabble last night! Felt a bit icky all morning went mil then bam sneezing and can't breath! Got my work christmas party on Friday and don't want to look like rudolph in a black dress! Have took cold and flu had hot bath and some dinner now settling down watching ice age with my monkey. How do I get it to go quickly or at least not turn into a full blown snot fest sad

AcrossthePond55 Sun 30-Nov-14 19:29:01

Are NyQuil & Vick's Vapo-rub or -cream available in the UK? I swear by a hot steamy shower at bedtime, followed by a dose of NyQuil and a good bit of Vick's Vapo-cream rubbed on upper chest and throat then a good night's sleep. May take 2 nights in a row. Kills the cold for us every time.

chloejaynemummy Sun 30-Nov-14 19:48:42

I did have some vix somewhere ill have to hunt it out not heard of the other thing?
It's horrible I'm sitting with my lg frozen tissues feeling very sorry for my self when I'm up at 4 for work in the morning haha xx

AcrossthePond55 Sun 30-Nov-14 21:39:00

www.discounthealthproducts.co.uk/nyquil_and_dayquil.htm

This is what it is.^ Apparently you can't buy it at a chemist/pharmacy in the UK but can get it online? I'm not recommending this particular seller, the link is just to show you what it is.

It's really a miracle cure imho. Of course it's like 25% alcohol which may be why it knocks me out. The link has the active ingredients, maybe there's something similar you can find?

imip Sun 30-Nov-14 21:43:33

Rub Vicks on the soles of your feet at night time ... Really!

StripedOss Sun 30-Nov-14 23:44:17

rest and lemsip max, balsam tissues, halls soothers and lots and lots of rest.

colds linger if you dont allow your body to do its thing, if you're tired, rest!

chloejaynemummy Mon 01-Dec-14 16:25:50

I wish I could rest but I'm up at 4 every morning for work then pick my little girl up don't stop till she is in bed. Got some vix today just had a nice hot bath and smothered my self in vix got sudafed nose spray and Beecham day and night tablets xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now