Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this a prolapse?

(7 Posts)
BonnieBlueButler Sat 29-Nov-14 12:51:44

After 2 forceps births I was kind of expecting a prolapse but I'm pretty horrified that it seems to have happened.

I can see a bulge that definitely gets worse when I strain blush. I'm also experiencing a dragging pain in my abdomen and pain in my lower back. As well as this, when going to the toilet, it doesn't feel as though I'm emptying either my bladder or my bowel completely.

Some of these symptoms have been around a while but have got worse in the last couple of weeks. I had a dreadful cough around the same time things got worse and I'm wondering whether the straining to cough made things worse.

So does this sound like a prolapse? I've got a docs appointment in 2 weeks. If it is a prolapse, how do they treat it?

Thanks.

Footle Sun 30-Nov-14 13:23:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BonnieBlueButler Sun 30-Nov-14 19:44:29

Thank you for responding. You have helped me - didn't really know what to expect and thought surgery would be the only option. I will look up the thread mentioned. Thanks again.

Footle Sun 30-Nov-14 21:06:59

It does sound like a prolapse.
I had one after my 4th child.. a moderate rectocele (bowel prolapse) cystocele (bladder) and general drop!!!! As I had finished my family I went for a hysterectomy at 35, and have not regretted it, but if it's mild, you may find exercises help..or a surgical 'hitch up' smile

I was really miserable with mine, but ten years later I'm fine... the only thing I avoid is jogging as there is a risk of the vaginal vault prolapsing next!

BonnieBlueButler Mon 01-Dec-14 10:49:14

I'm feeling pretty miserable about it too. Everything feels a real mess down there! I'm 36 and am certain we are done having babies, but a hysterectomy feels like a huge op. I am suffering from quite a lot of lower back pain. Could this be related to a prolapse?

Footle Mon 01-Dec-14 12:25:36

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now