Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Sore left side and bleeding between periods

(6 Posts)
HJBeans Fri 28-Nov-14 14:41:39

Just looking for some reassurance before I can see my GP, really. They were fully booked today so need to wait through the weekend. A few weeks ago I had a very strange sensation of heat in my lower left abdomen. Spoke to a GP who suggested it might be nerve trouble and related to the tingling I've had in my back on that side on and off since my son was born. Hot feeling went away after a few days, but the area remains sore - sort of crampy, like something's in there than shouldn't be. Was hemming and hawing about whether to see to GP again and then started spotting yesterday, continuing today with bloody vaginal discharge and general discomfort. Know it's very unlikely, but worried about cancer. (Have a very young friend with late stage bowel cancer who was told she had IBS for over a year, so this is on my mind a lot.) Was also going to start trying for a second child this month and now feel I shouldn't and worry that whatever this is will impact that - I'm 38 with a few m/c behind me so time isn't on my side.

Will try to get in to see the GP Monday, but am having trouble not thinking about this a lot. Have trouble with health anxiety normally, as well. Would really help if anyone with similar symptoms could tell me of the completely benign cause for them. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

HJBeans Fri 28-Nov-14 22:44:25

Anyone?

Treefalling Fri 28-Nov-14 22:48:57

Hello, I'm sorry I don't have much advice but can give your thread a bump. Thee are lots of things it could be that aren't sinister though, but a good idea to get checked out. I have (probable) endometriosis with similar symptoms so possibly something like that. I also get numb / sore areas due to adhesions from c sections so there are certainly other potential causes.

HJBeans Sat 29-Nov-14 09:04:45

Thanks, it's really helpful to hear that similar symptoms have benign causes. :-)

MerdeAlor Sat 29-Nov-14 20:34:01

I have had this, it turned out to be mild endometriosis (I also have a history of MC) they removed it and the symptoms never returned.

HJBeans Mon 08-Dec-14 15:24:47

Belated thanks, merdealor. Did see my GP, who found nothing amiss on exam but scheduled a scan. Feeling much relieved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now