Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Who should I see about sore shoulder, neck and back?

(5 Posts)
Fullsteamahead Thu 27-Nov-14 23:01:29

Ok, the story is that a few years ago through the type of work I was doing then I caused myself a nasty shoulder injury.

I was in pain for months before being referred for physio and subsequently to pain management clinic where I got a course of steroid injections to relax the overworked muscles in my shoulder and under my left shoulder blade.

I've been ok since then but I've not been able to do any heavy lifting or good arm excercises.

I've recently decided to start doing fitness DVDs and all of a sudden my old injuries flared up.

Sore left shoulder and left side of the neck, the pain is dull and is there all the time but since I've started doing the workouts it's become almost unbearable. It spreads further down into my arm and back. I think it's muscular as I can feel muscle knots here and there. When the pain is bad I always have this weird urge to pop my shoulder which I think makes things worse...

My left hip and knee also give me quite a bit of pain.
I feel like the whole left side of my body has given up on me.

The fact that I do a fair bit of driving every day doesn't help as I find even changing gears is painful sad

I desperately want to tone up and am really enjoying the workouts but am struggling to carry on like this.

Suggestions please as to how to sort this out. Chiropractor? Sports Massage? Any ideas?

oddsocksmostly Thu 27-Nov-14 23:54:20

I think sports massage would be your best bet, try to get a recommendation though.

MEgirl Sun 30-Nov-14 14:04:58

Osteopath. They can do some targeted massage and if necessary some gentle manipulation to reset the alignment.

bimbobaggins Tue 02-Dec-14 21:29:47

An osteopath would work wonders on you. Some people dont like it but t really does help

DayLillie Wed 03-Dec-14 14:09:07

Are you getting enough vit D? A bit left field, but it worked for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now