Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hysteroscopy

(2 Posts)
Laylajaney Wed 26-Nov-14 23:33:40

I had a Hysteroscopy done recently and it was carried out without any painkillers or analgesics .Having been told it would cause some discomfort I actually found it very painful . It is very often done this way and think I would liken it to dental treatment with out being offered an anesthetic injection . Why should women put up with this treatment?

Greekgoddess Thu 27-Nov-14 10:37:18

I think everyone is different. I chose to have it without anything- was offered a GA, local or nothing (privately.)
I had no pain - less than a smear test- though it took a long time ( 30 mins) as my cervix was tight.
Likewise I don't have injections for dental treatment ( fillings) because I find the injection more painful than the procedure.

Did you speak up when you had this done? They could have stopped and given you a local in the cervix but tbh some people say that is worse than the actual procedure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now