Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Would you always be able to tell if a filling came out?!

(5 Posts)
redflagsornot Wed 26-Nov-14 17:49:55

I am sure I've had three fillings, one in 2005, one in 2010 and one in 2013. Whilst randomly inspecting my mouth the other day, as you do, I could only see two?! I am so ire I've got three but couldn't find the third. Sure they were all grey fillings as well so easy to spot. Can't see anything odd about any other teeth nothing hurts or feels weird and never felt anything fall out. Am I going mad?!

LadySybilLikesCake Wed 26-Nov-14 17:52:08

You'd be able to feel the hole. Are you able to get a little mirror and take a look? If one of the fillings was obvious your dentist may have used a white filling so you may be unable to see it.

plentyofshoes Thu 27-Nov-14 02:12:18

Mine fell out recently, the hole was obviously. Worth getting it checked.

plentyofshoes Thu 27-Nov-14 02:12:46

Obvious that is wink

redflagsornot Thu 27-Nov-14 09:09:51

Oohh I feel so silly now!
I had a good poke around with a little mirror and found the third filling, it's in a wisdom tooth at the top, which is so far back it can't be seen just when opening mouth normally blush So I do have all my fillings, phew!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now