Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Lump in breast

(7 Posts)
Lyndz123 Wed 26-Nov-14 13:47:57

I seen my gp 6 weeks ago with pain in my breast. She done an examination and said she could feel two cysts. She has referred me to the breast clinic but i still havent had an appointment through. I called the clinic and they said it's a 10 week wait as it's been referred as non urgent. I'm really scared that it might not be a cyst and i have to wait so long to be seen. This breast has been bigger than the left since i can remember. I can feel this lump when i lie on my front. I cant stop crying and feel i cant spend time with my 9 month old daughter as i'm always worrying. I also was told a few years back i have fibrocystic breast disease. I'm 26 so i'm really scared that it's something sinister

MiddletonPink Wed 26-Nov-14 20:31:43

I'm sorry you're feeling so upset. I guess if the GP thought it might not be a cyst she would have referred you urgently. She must be pretty certain.

In your shoes I would go back to the GP and explain how upset and anxious you are, maybe even see a different GP this time and let them examine you, see what they say.

Try to keep in your mind that the majority of breast lumps are NOT cancer.

Lyndz123 Thu 27-Nov-14 10:54:21

Thank you for your reply. I keep thinking that to myself if she thought anything of it she would have referred me sooner. But i'm still at my wits end. I'm seeing a different gp this time, a male, just to get a second opinion and if he says he thinks it's a cyst i'll b more relaxed i think

MiddletonPink Thu 27-Nov-14 13:53:05

That's a good idea.
Let us know how you get on flowers

Lyndz123 Fri 28-Nov-14 11:04:21

Well i've been to see the gp. He felt and said he can feel a cluster of cysts. But because i was upset and crying he'll try and see if i can be seen at the clinic soone. But i feel better now as if he thought it was anything sinister he'd refer me straigh away

MiddletonPink Fri 28-Nov-14 17:46:31

That's good to hear. I hope you can be seen soon.

gillybean2 Sun 30-Nov-14 11:11:05

I saw my doctor 3 weeks ago with a lump. I had an appointment last week and have to go back for my results and treatment plan tomorrow. If they were in any doubt you'd have been rushed through too. It's easier said than done I know, but try not to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now