Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can I ask you a question, do I have bad breath?

(8 Posts)
spankingnewme Tue 25-Nov-14 21:01:59

Seriously I'd love to know but just can't bring myself to ask friends or even one person to their face, so how do I know? I know people that when I speak to them I can smell their breath a mile off and I find it vile, but what if my breaths like that and noone has told me? I brush my teeth properly twice a day and Actually just thought pretty sure my kids would tell me lol, but things that make me wonder are-i don't floss nearly as often as I should, and when I do I know there's a certain part I can't get the toothbrush into that I do smell (gross I know) but would this make my breath smell to others? Anyway I can find out without asking?

grumpyoldgitagain Tue 25-Nov-14 21:12:40

If its really bad then breathing into your hand and sniffing at the same time should let you get a hint of it

If you are unsure just rinse with mouthwash as well to help

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 25-Nov-14 21:33:18

Mouthwash is better as most of the breath smell comes from the tongue, I've been told.

Sparklingbrook Tue 25-Nov-14 21:45:26

Get a Waterpik (water flosser). That will shift anything that's between your teeth. it's great fun and very satisfying.

OnlyWantsOne Tue 25-Nov-14 21:47:26

Brush your tongue smile

CleanLinesSharpEdges Tue 25-Nov-14 21:48:10

Yes to a waterpick, and get a tongue scraper too.

catsofa Tue 25-Nov-14 22:15:26

Ask your dentist, or your doctor.

SwedishEdith Tue 25-Nov-14 22:18:13

Have you got a partner you can ask?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now