Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Can I ask you a question, do I have bad breath?

(8 Posts)
spankingnewme Tue 25-Nov-14 21:01:59

Seriously I'd love to know but just can't bring myself to ask friends or even one person to their face, so how do I know? I know people that when I speak to them I can smell their breath a mile off and I find it vile, but what if my breaths like that and noone has told me? I brush my teeth properly twice a day and Actually just thought pretty sure my kids would tell me lol, but things that make me wonder are-i don't floss nearly as often as I should, and when I do I know there's a certain part I can't get the toothbrush into that I do smell (gross I know) but would this make my breath smell to others? Anyway I can find out without asking?

grumpyoldgitagain Tue 25-Nov-14 21:12:40

If its really bad then breathing into your hand and sniffing at the same time should let you get a hint of it

If you are unsure just rinse with mouthwash as well to help

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Tue 25-Nov-14 21:33:18

Mouthwash is better as most of the breath smell comes from the tongue, I've been told.

Sparklingbrook Tue 25-Nov-14 21:45:26

Get a Waterpik (water flosser). That will shift anything that's between your teeth. it's great fun and very satisfying.

OnlyWantsOne Tue 25-Nov-14 21:47:26

Brush your tongue smile

CleanLinesSharpEdges Tue 25-Nov-14 21:48:10

Yes to a waterpick, and get a tongue scraper too.

catsofa Tue 25-Nov-14 22:15:26

Ask your dentist, or your doctor.

SwedishEdith Tue 25-Nov-14 22:18:13

Have you got a partner you can ask?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: