Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Contact lenses- nearly 16 yr old DD

(5 Posts)
eae123 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:04:57

My DD is 16 in January and wears glasses. She has daily contacts and wears them often. We were wondering if she is able to wear monthly contacts instead of daily ones? We will visit the opticians but thought it was worth asking to see if anybody knows!

Thanks grin x

TongueBiter Tue 25-Nov-14 19:14:58

My 15 year old has just completed her trial of monthlies from specsavers - all fine smile

Starlightbright1 Tue 25-Nov-14 19:20:33

I have worn contact lenses since I was 15 ....20 odd years ago.

In those days lenses lost 6 months.

Can I recomend that you have the highest water content for longevity of wearing lenses.

PowderMum Tue 25-Nov-14 19:56:15

Is it because of the cost you are looking to change?

My only warning would be about hygiene, with dailies it is so easy to just take them our and start with a fresh pair each day, once you have longer term ones you have to clean/store them. It is very easy to pick up an infection.

eae123 Wed 26-Nov-14 20:40:14

Cost isn't really an issue (though it would be nice to get some cheaper ones!) we just wanted to know some options. Will book an appointment for the opticians!

Thanks for your help! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now