Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Neck problems - please help

(10 Posts)
summerslonggone Tue 25-Nov-14 18:02:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FrontForward Tue 25-Nov-14 18:08:03

Is your neck straight and by that I mean are you holding it tense and leaning either side.

Any pains in your arms?

summerslonggone Tue 25-Nov-14 18:18:10

Matildathecat Tue 25-Nov-14 19:19:46

Can you take paracetamol and ibuprofen at staggered intervals? And apply heat. A hot water bottle can better than any drugs.

summerslonggone Tue 25-Nov-14 20:57:36

FrontForward Tue 25-Nov-14 20:57:50

info here tbh there isn't a quick fix but I'd insist on seeing a GP to get earlier assessment with physio

FabULouse Wed 26-Nov-14 12:22:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

staplemind Wed 26-Nov-14 12:28:33

can you aford to go and see privately a physio or osteopath?
you would at least be rid of the most unpleasant edge of your pain after that

Wailywailywaily Wed 26-Nov-14 12:31:35

Go and see a chiropractor or osteopath. GP will only be able to prescribe stronger pain meds, which may be useful but is unlikely to speed up physio referral within the NHS.

Use ice alternately with heat every hour - just 10 mins over the sore area will do, its a great muscle relaxant - and keep active. I know it hurts but resting it will make it worse.

How supportive are your pillows? The pillow should support your neck as well as your head when asleep, if it is not doing this try rolling up a small towel and placing this under your neck for support at night.

summerslonggone Wed 26-Nov-14 19:32:25

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now