Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

KLAXON - quick help for DH about huge spot

(5 Posts)
fluffydressinggown Sun 23-Nov-14 21:16:28

My DH is prone to infected spots, they usually go away on their own. He has a tentative diagnosis of Hidradenitis suppurativa and washes with hibiscrub which helps a lot.

He developed a spot on his upper, inner thigh on Thursday morning, since then it has grown and grown. It is now huge - the head is about an inch wide and the redness around it is about 4/5 inches wide and has got bigger over the course of today. There are also lots of little spots around it. He went to the doctors on Friday and is on 500mg of flucloxicillan but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. It is increasingly painful and has developed black spots in it but DH says this is just blood inside it?

Should we ring 111, go to A&E? No minor injuries units open at this time of night. Or just go to his GP tomorrow?

Thanks for any advice, I am quite worried, normally they go away v.quickly but it is scary that it is getting worse.

HermioneDanger Sun 23-Nov-14 21:17:34

A&E I think. Not worth risking. Sounds horrid, poor soul.

CMOTDibbler Sun 23-Nov-14 21:21:46

GP tomorrow - sounds like it needs draining

fluffydressinggown Sun 23-Nov-14 21:38:08

Thanks for your replies, we rang 111 and they have booked us into the out of hours clinic nearby.

Treefalling Mon 24-Nov-14 23:44:46

Ouch, better now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now