Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Another smear test one (sorry)

(2 Posts)
Lookingforadvice123 Sun 23-Nov-14 18:47:16

Hi all

I had a smear test last week, and the nurse said my cervix was tilted, so I had to prop my bum on to my fists for her to do the test. She said it's totally normal and it has to do with how much we've moved around that day etc, and that it has no impact on fertility.

I've had two previous smears plus a few Sti tests so my fanny is no stranger to being probed and I've never been told this before.

Has anyone had this happen?

rabbitstew Sun 23-Nov-14 22:14:46

Yes. It depends on whereabouts I am in my monthly cycle as to how tilted, or not, it appears to be... It's not a problem unless the person doing the smear is not trained to do an internal examination, first, and spends hours shoving the speculum in and out, trying to work out where on earth my cervix is. I got pregnant on first attempt both times, so she is right that it has absolutely no impact whatsoever on fertility.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now