Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Does anyone know anything about salivary stones/salivary inflamation?

(8 Posts)
KatyMac Wed 19-Nov-14 22:10:39

I have a massive ulcer under my tongue& a row of little black blobs (each on a large red lump) under my tongue on the left side.

I can see similar 'holes' on the right side but they are just red & sore looking

Am on the right track thinking they are some sort of salivary situation?

What do I do?

BasketzatDawn Wed 19-Nov-14 22:18:46

I'd see a dentist or a GP. It might be easier to just phone up the dentist if you have one you are registered with and get it looked at by him/her.

KatyMac Wed 19-Nov-14 22:41:08

Maybe, yes; I guess it explains the dry mouth I've been having & maybe even the tingling tongue & lips

KatyMac Thu 20-Nov-14 07:00:16

Well the black blobs have gone today; but my mouth still feels fairly odd

bronya Thu 20-Nov-14 07:06:31

I get blocked saliva ducts - my lip swells up (and up and up!!!) until the blockage clears. Eating Haribo Tangfastics clears it for me - you just need to get your mouth to produce lots and lots and lots of saliva, so it pushes past the blockage and clears it.

KatyMac Thu 20-Nov-14 07:48:30

I'll have to buy some-I think this is my third episode

I don't really like them much grin so it'll be an emergency supply

bronya Thu 20-Nov-14 12:55:54

I don't like them either - any sour sweet will do, they're just easily available. Might try eating a lemon next time as the Tangfastics made my poor bf newborn's poo acidic. Apparently a hot compress helps too - never did for me though.

KatyMac Thu 20-Nov-14 13:13:30

How would you do a hot compress?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now