Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Really need help becoming stupid! Never get the depo!!

(9 Posts)
SupermansGirl Wed 19-Nov-14 21:53:05

I have been bleeding for 5 months now...yep 5 whole months non stop! Including through my two holidays!!

I had the depo july and it was fine for a week then the bleeding started. It was ment to last 12 weeks so i went back to clinic and they said its normal and to get another...erm no thanks never again because i also put 2 stone on and have had really bad headaches!

So i waited and it never stopped. Up to about 3weeks ago its turnt into a brown discharge (sorry tmi). This is constant and im having to wear a pad of tampon everyday and its now 5months and becoming draining. Iv rung the doctors 4 times now and still cant get an appointment!

Has anyone been through this??? When does it stop?? Is it normal??

Quitelikely Wed 19-Nov-14 22:00:38

It sounds to me like you are not compatible with this form of contraception. When does it wear off?

SupermansGirl Wed 19-Nov-14 22:02:12

It was only meant to last 12weeks!! So you can see why im a tad pissed and worried sad

Coffeeinapapercup Wed 19-Nov-14 22:07:00

Depo lasts three months although it can take longer to get out of your system.

You really do need to see your doctor.

Not everyone suits every form of contraception. Depo is awesome for me but I have some horror stories about other forms. Hope you get it sorted soon

carlsonrichards Wed 19-Nov-14 22:09:54

Try for an appointment at an FPC to get something to STOP the bleeding.

It really doesn't suit some people at all.

SupermansGirl Wed 19-Nov-14 22:10:44

It was my last resort before a coil which i really dont want and i was hoping it would agree with me. I had a blood clot on my lung when i was pregnant and can only take certain pills now and i bleed on them all!

carlsonrichards Wed 19-Nov-14 22:14:33

FPC is the place. Will condoms work for you? Mirena coil might disagree with you, too. Copper has no hormones.

SupermansGirl Wed 19-Nov-14 22:18:45

I think i may resort to being celibate..dont no how OH will take that but iv had enough!

Im 20 and the sound of a coil freaks me. I think condoms will be my next best thing but they are so unreliable and really not prepared for another child just yet! Thanks so much im going to look into another doctors and meanwhile try get an app at FPC

HellKitty Wed 19-Nov-14 22:24:21

I had the same, for almost 2 years. Was told 'they'd sort themselves out eventually...' Er no. If you bleed on the mini pill you will on the depo apparently. I then got a Mirena and it was amazing. Think about it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now