Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Twitchy muscle

(6 Posts)
JubJubBirds Tue 18-Nov-14 10:44:20

Out of the blue yesterday a muscle over my ribcage on my right side near my back started twitching. It won't bloody stop and it's driving me mad! angry

sunflower49 Tue 18-Nov-14 10:48:23

I get this sometimes in various areas. My GP told me it was down to muscle repair after exercise, or when muscles are tired for some reason and told me it was nothing to be concerned about.

JubJubBirds Tue 18-Nov-14 10:49:12

I hit post too soon in my stress!

It's like when you get a twichy eye but bigger. You can see it jumping about under the skin and I got my DP to touch it yesterday and she said she could feel it really clearly.

I couldn't sleep properly as it went on nearly all night and now it's back again this morning. angry

Anyone ever had anything like this before? Any remedies? So far I've tried; flexing it to try and wear it out and heat on it to relax it. But it's stuck on disco mode and won't stop jumping! Help!

JubJubBirds Tue 18-Nov-14 10:51:42

Thanks sunflower. I have a condition which can cause chronic pain though so exercise not something I've been doing lately. How long did yours take to go away? Did you do anything to get rid of it?

sunflower49 Tue 18-Nov-14 11:07:51

Maybe if your condition causes chronic pain any sort of 'exercise' could cause the twitch as your muscles will repair after any sort of exertion at all? Have you done anything that could affect that area, even just sitting or sleeping differently?

I've had it where my muscles in my arms twitch and are clearly visible. I didn't do anything as what the GP said made sense. I get it now and again.
Can you make a telephone/face to face appointment with your GP about it?

JubJubBirds Tue 18-Nov-14 11:12:46

I did walk up a hill yesterday. A very small one to get to a post box. But I suppose you're right, that could be the 'exercise'.

God what a depressing thought to be floored by walking up a small incline! I must look into some yoga or gentle swimming or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now