Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Skiing after broken leg

(4 Posts)
Anteater Tue 18-Nov-14 06:26:39

How long after nasty Tib breakage should you wait before skiing. DS says he is ready to go 8 weeks after plaster off.. Advise?

psychomum5 Tue 18-Nov-14 06:54:06

How old is he?? Skiing is VERY intense, and especially so on a newly healed leg I would have thought.

MY 18yr old DD broke her hand quite badly back in September (spiral fracture after a football hit the back of her hand in a very packed crowd at a festival). Anyway......most recent xrays (end of October) show that the break is actually still visible. There are signs of healing, but it isn;t HEALED.

Because of that she still isn;t allowed to dance, even tho that isn;t even using her hands that much (she does do acro to, which is more weight on the hand).

Pretty much tho......I would be wary if it were my child, and skiing.

Has he talked to a doctor about it?? They might be able to advise better from a medical point of view. x

Anteater Tue 18-Nov-14 10:05:07

He is 15..
See the doc in two weeks, just wondered (obviously for DS!)

psychomum5 Tue 18-Nov-14 15:02:53

I hope the GP is positive for him and thinks he can.....teenagers to often have magical healing abilities (bar my 18yr old it seems). Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now