Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

post gall bladder surgery 2 years

(3 Posts)
momsutton3 Mon 17-Nov-14 21:03:43

I had my gall bladder removed 2 years ago this January 2015 - and I've recently begun having the same pains as I did prior to my surgery. I had gall bladder disease - no stones. Has anyone else had this happen? And if so, what did you do? It is happening after every meal. Have already gone to ER for the pain - it was awful.

yousuf1 Mon 17-Nov-14 21:30:51

This happened to me a week after having my gall bladder out. It's been six months and I must have been in the a and e over ten times. After numerous tests which mostly came back normal they think it's something called sphincter of oddi. My amylase levels are always high when I have the pain and I end up with pancreatitis. I'm still in the process of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
I hope you find out why it's happening again smile

momsutton3 Mon 17-Nov-14 22:06:58

yousuf1 - I've had pancreatitis as well. My liver & lipase levels are up also. It's driving me crazy. I also can't keep my triglyceride level in a safe area. Its driving me crazy. I will be following up with my dr. soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now