Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feels like my insides are falling out - Endometriosis Symptom?

(8 Posts)
ThreeFroglets Mon 17-Nov-14 16:43:26

When my (horribly heavy and painful) period is due, I get an awful dragging/pulling/heavy feeling in my pelvic area and in my vagina and anus. I haven't got a prolapse, but I imagine that it would feel similar, it feels like my insides are literally falling out...it lasts right through the 2 weeks of my period, and a few days afterwards but is worse at the beginning. And I get the same feeling after sex, or if I have been on my feet all day.

Could it be endometriosis?

TIA

mawinter Mon 17-Nov-14 20:07:35

This is exactly how my cousin and I described the feeling we were having before and during our periods. We both had exploratory laps done a few months apart and found endo in each of us. Now neither of us can say this any longer.
It is worth getting checked out for!

OttiliaVonBCup Mon 17-Nov-14 20:14:47

It makes sense.
Oestrogen relaxes the muscles.
That's why you will find it more your PF exercises more difficult in this tome.
If you have endo you will have more cells responsive to it.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 17-Nov-14 20:34:46

It could well be all due to endometriosis and it does sound familiar to me (as an endo sufferer too).

I hope you get a gynae referral soon because this certainly warrants further investigation. I would also suggest you keep a daily pain and symptom diary; this would also give the gynae clues.

pinkfrocks Mon 17-Nov-14 20:46:20

Ottilia- it's progesterone that relaxes muscles. This is higher in the 2nd half of the cycle, but BOTH hormones fall to low levels once bleeding begins. A period starts when progesterone falls. Oestrogen tones tissue which is why older women use local / vaginal oestrogen creams post meno.

OttiliaVonBCup Mon 17-Nov-14 20:48:48

ok thanks.

ThreeFroglets Mon 17-Nov-14 22:36:44

Thanks for all the replies - I am being bullied by Gynea to have another Mirena coil rather than a hysterectomy. I've have got complications, muscle and nerve damage, fibroids and adhesions but none of them have looked for the reason behind the heavy periods and no-one will discuss the pain except the pain clinic doctor and he is only interested in the pain from my c-section scars and nerve damage.
I don't want another coil as I bled for 9 months non-stop the last time, and I am terrified that will happen again, but have tried all other options several times...

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 18-Nov-14 07:15:47

I would seek a second opinion from another gynaecologist; it is certainly fair to say that some of them are better than others.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now