Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Cold sweats and night sweats after gynae op.

(14 Posts)
LilRedWG Mon 17-Nov-14 16:13:41

A week ago I had an endometrial ablation and since then have suffered the most horrific of night sweats, plus horrible cold sweats throughout the day.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

I had another minor op a couple of months ago - could my body simple be fed-up of me messing with it?

TIA

LilRedWG Mon 17-Nov-14 16:47:57

Forgot to say, I'm 40.

pinkfrocks Mon 17-Nov-14 16:48:24

any other symptoms? could be an infection-are you due for a follow-up consultation? if not ,see Gp asap

LilRedWG Mon 17-Nov-14 16:56:21

Really? Bugger. Have been feeling overheated inside but skin cool (if that makes sense).

A bit cramping but actually feeling human again after a horrible week. Am worried that if I go to the GP they'll think I'm a real hypochondriac, rocking up, saying,"I'm sweaty".

But.... it's really not like me - I glow like a lady normally, not sweat like a horse.

Thank ypu, btw. :-)

LilRedWG Mon 17-Nov-14 16:59:58

Sorry about the typos, am on my phone.

LilRedWG Mon 17-Nov-14 20:05:01

Was actually a little surprised not to get a followup appointment.

pinkfrocks Mon 17-Nov-14 20:48:59

I had an investigation ( camera in uterus) and was told to be aware of having a temp, bleeding, pain, discharge and anything nasty like that for up to 2-3 weeks afterwards.

You really do need to see your GP and/ or contact the hospital and speak to the dr who carried it out and ask for advice.

LilRedWG Mon 17-Nov-14 21:28:50

Thanks, will see if I can get an appointment with GP tomorrow.

MissLivvy Mon 17-Nov-14 22:46:06

Did you have a general anaesthetic? I had several operations this year under GA, and for a few weeks after each one had exactly the situation you describe. Read something about GA disturbing hypothalamus, which regulates body temperature, body takes a while to re-calibrate temperature settings, settled down in the end.

NoelleHawthorne Mon 17-Nov-14 22:50:50

Hi op. I'm not a doctor but I had terribke night sweats after each pregnancy/ when feeding . Had to change pyjamas etc. Its just a hormonal thjng for me

LilRedWG Tue 18-Nov-14 14:24:56

Thanks all. GP fairly sure there's no infection but has taken swabs etc to check.

Just me underestimating the invasiveness of the op.

JellyCurls Tue 18-Nov-14 21:22:33

lilRed I had endometrial ablation 4.5 weeks ago and had night sweats for first week and a bit and felt rough and shivery during day for same length of time. GP said post GA and a normal side effect.

LilRedWG Tue 18-Nov-14 21:39:28

Thank you, that's helped put my mind at rest.

How are you feeling now?

JellyCurls Tue 18-Nov-14 22:07:03

Feeling pretty much back to normal although still a little bruised inside (sore when I wear jeans or work trousers for too long). About to start my first period (I think) so in agony tonight but hopefully painkillers kick in and it doesn't last. I have just posted on this though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now