Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Slight blood in urine

(11 Posts)
Shoegal0305 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:38:22

So I just need some advice? Been having irregular bleeding the last few months, cyclical beast tenderness, last week or so had constant (not severe) pain lower abdo and back. Saw GP who has referred me for urine and blood tests, also a scan on thurs this week.

Took sample to nurse this morning, she tested it, said tree was 'very slight blood trace' in sample, negative for protein and glucose. So now I'm on the ceiling with worry!! Anyone else had similar??

Shoegal0305 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:38:53

FREE from glucose and protein not bloody tree!! Lol

Shoegal0305 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:39:31

Nurse also said don't worry! But I am!!! hmm

Izzy24 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:46:24

Various reasons for slight blood trace - could easily be contamination of your urine specimen by the irregular bleeding. Sounds like you have a good GP who is really on the case which is great, and not just dismissing your symptoms as 'hormonal/menopausal' . Although it can be stressful to have to go through these investigations the information gained is definitely worth the stress involved. I know none of this really helps but I didn't want to just read and run.

Shoegal0305 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:52:40

Thanks Izzy I'm convinced I am on borrowed time!!! Lol. Never had any health problems, apart from high BP, so something like this which some people may see as trivial..... I'm not! I'm 42 so done pretty well so far! I'm not bleeding at the moment and never noticed and blood on the toilet paper or anything after urinating. I keep googling which I KNOW is wrong but feeling really apprehensive. My GP is great, quite young and extremely good looking so quite embarrassing when he asked if I have painful intercourse! I've been single like forever lol hmm

Whooshtheyweregone Mon 17-Nov-14 13:56:39

My urine has shown a slight trace of blood the last two times it has been tested. GP asked if I had my period (I hadn't) then told me not to worry about it and nothing more done. It sounds as if your GP is being very thorough so please try not to worry!

Shoegal0305 Mon 17-Nov-14 14:01:27

Whoosh thanks for replying. I think if it was just the trace amount of blood in urine I wouldn't worry as much but coupled with other symptoms? Pain feels like period type pain and back ache seems almost muscular? No pain when passing urine so not thinking cystitis? Or even a UTI? X

Shoegal0305 Mon 17-Nov-14 14:38:17

Anyone else experienced this?

EssexMummy123 Mon 17-Nov-14 16:15:28

Once and it was a water infection - thinking about it, although the urine test showed the blood initially it didn't show the infection up for another 12 hours in a repeat test.

marne2 Mon 17-Nov-14 16:17:57

I have had this several times, last time I was sent for a scan expecting to find kidney stones but nothing was found. This was a couple years ago and I'm still alive grin. I'm sure the nurse/gp is right and there's nothing to worry about.

Shoegal0305 Mon 17-Nov-14 16:29:32

I think it's due to the pain..... As I say if it was just the urine test I don't think I'd worry as much confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now