Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Small amount of blood in vomit?

(4 Posts)
Elfina Sun 16-Nov-14 12:14:02

Over the last 3 weeks I've had two episodes of awful, agonising heartburn. When I had it yesterday I was actually sick, and there was a very small bit of blood in it.

I've got a doctor's appointment for the morning, but I'm just wondering whether anyone has experienced this or had any ideas about what it could be?

shouldnthavesaid Sun 16-Nov-14 12:21:25

It's more than likely a ruptured blood vessel - I have small amounts , i.e streaks, when I vomit sometimes and I've always put it down to trauma as opposed to anything else. It's more worrying if it's profuse blood, i.e. if there's more blood than anything else, if there's clots, or if the vomits black (or like coffee grounds). Mention to your GP maybe - more than anything because you can get meds to prevent heartburn - but don't panic at all x

Elfina Sun 16-Nov-14 13:00:31

Oh thank you - that makes me feel much better!

FrancesNiadova Sun 16-Nov-14 22:02:06

flowers I know nothing about it, but best wishes for tomorrow flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now