Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Having Councelling for Phobia - help with questionnaire

(8 Posts)
mummybean84 Sat 15-Nov-14 19:26:59

Hi

Some of you will already know I suffer from something called Emetophobia (fear of vomit) which has been very difficult to live with especially now I have a daughter. I have been having councelling for my phobia and some of you have helped me in the past with my 'homework!' as part of my CBT I was asked to complete a questionnaire which rates the severity of my scale. I got a score of 43 and asked how this compares to a 'normal' person. My councillor didnt know the answer so I thought I would post the questionnaire on here to see if I can find out for myself how I compare to others.

Please take a minute to fill it in if you get the chance I would be really really gratefull.

MummyBean

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/J359S2T

livelablove Sat 15-Nov-14 19:35:56

I did one I answered nearly all the questions not at all as I never think about vomiting usually unless I am actually ill. I don't even mind cleaning it up that much, more than any other smelly cleaning.

RoseTheHat Sat 15-Nov-14 21:54:30

I've done it smile

I really hate the sensation of vomiting so I will try quite hard to stop myself if I feel sick. But I don't worry about it in advance, only when I'm actually feeling sick (which is thankfully rare)
Other people's sick does not bother me at all.

WestEast Sat 15-Nov-14 22:01:30

I did it. I ticked the 'not at all' or whatever it was button for all my answers. I have no fears with vomiting, it mings, but it's a vital reflex which can come in pretty handy.
Hope the counselling helps smile

EssexMummy123 Sat 15-Nov-14 22:22:28

Have you come across this www.amazon.co.uk/Cure-Your-Emetophobia-Thrive-Research-backed/dp/0956516645/ref=la_B00GY57B1G_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1416090126&sr=1-2

mawinter Sat 15-Nov-14 23:16:47

Done

imalostcause Sun 16-Nov-14 00:36:43

Done - but I do have emetaphobia, so not sure it will help you.

imalostcause Sun 16-Nov-14 01:56:14

How would my answers compare to your score of 43?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now