Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feel as though I need to pee all the time

(9 Posts)
Bollard Sat 15-Nov-14 01:25:47

I feel as though I need to pee all the time. It's not exactly painful, but uncomfortable and unpleasant. I've never had this before and I've been like this for about 10 days (since last having sex). It's keeping me awake - I go to the loo and produce a thimbleful, although doing some normal wees too.
In the last couple of days I've had vaginal pain as well.
Any ideas? I'm squeamish and a prude so a bit worked up.

LoopyLoopyLoopy Sat 15-Nov-14 01:27:06

A UTI (cystitis). You can try cranberry juice but after so long I expect you will need antibiotics. Get a doc appointment.

Bollard Sat 15-Nov-14 01:33:16

Thanks. Would that account for the vaginal pain as well?

simonettavespucci Sat 15-Nov-14 01:44:56

Definitely UTI and, yes, it would account for the pain. Drink loads and go and see a doctor in the morning.

Bollard Sat 15-Nov-14 07:07:00

Thanks v much. I'll drink loads over the weekend and call the GP 1st thing Monday. Hopefully they won't need to examine me and I can just pee in a pot!

LoopyLoopyLoopy Sat 15-Nov-14 16:10:00

It will just be pee in a pot, don't worry

EssexMummy123 Sat 15-Nov-14 22:26:03

i think you might need antibiotics, do you have anywhere open tomorrow like a walk-in centre?

Blanketontheground Sat 15-Nov-14 22:30:42

Potassium citrate is what you need. Go to the local pharmacy. Lots of water. If you have pelvic pain take paracetamol. Seriously, potassium citrate works in 2 hours.

MarthaCostello Sun 16-Nov-14 02:19:10

There's no examination for UTI, just the urine test. At our surgery, you would normally get a phone appointment for a suspected UTI and then drop a specimen in later to be tested and pick up a prescription.

Potassium citrate comes in little sachets, the branded ones are called Cymalon and Boots do their own version so other pharmacies may do too. They don't taste that great, but they really help ease the symptoms.

Also you could try to avoid drinking anything too acidic as it may irritate the bladder, some people recommend cranberry juice, but it can cause problems too.

For the not emptying your bladder properly, try sitting on the toilet facing the opposite way and leaning your elbows on the cistern, so that you're at a different angle. It can help the bladder to empty better. I've not tried it myself, but my GP suggested it.

A hot water bottle may help with the pain (either held to tummy or between legs depending where pain is worst).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now