Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Postpartum cramps

(3 Posts)
Kelly008 Fri 14-Nov-14 21:46:19

My lg is 4 weeks old today, I had a vaginal birth and labia laceration needing 4 small stitches. Bleeding tapered off at the end of two weeks and been fully gone about 6 days now. For the last 3 days I have been having period like cramps bit no bleeding :/ I have no discharge or pain down below and nothing that I can see looks infected. I have a gp appointment for Tuesday but am curious to weather it's normal pains/ signs of infection or maybe period coming. Should I be worried? I know that if it gets worse to go to out of hours doctor

Matildathecat Fri 14-Nov-14 22:50:26

It takes about six weeks for your uterus to return to it's pre pregnancy state so if you feel well then this could just be it's final contraction. You don't mention if you an re bf but often the production of hormones as you feed cause uterine contraction.

It would be early but possible to be starting a period. If you do feel unwell, feverish or have a different or offensive discharge then see your GP.

Congratulations and enjoy your baby.smile

Kelly008 Fri 14-Nov-14 23:07:39

Thank you ...

I forgot to say I am not BF (did for first 10 days then switched).
I do feel well other than extreme tiredness and upper back ache which is not related I don't think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now