Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

TVT Surgery

(5 Posts)
moniger75 Fri 14-Nov-14 18:45:29

Hi, I am scheduled to have TVT surgery in Dec 2014. I am twenty eight with two kids. I am unsure of what to expect for this surgery. I was hoping to find someone that has had this surgery that can give me some info. My biggest question is, how much pain are you in when you wake up from the surgery? How long are you usually in pain? Anything anyone can give me on this surgery would be great. Thanks!

BackforGood Fri 14-Nov-14 18:46:37

Am on my way out but will come back later if you don't get answers.

Briefly - no pain. smile

moniger75 Fri 14-Nov-14 19:13:27

Thank you, that would be great!

BackforGood Fri 14-Nov-14 22:21:05

I had mine about 5 and 1/2 yrs ago, so hope my memory is accurate.

I genuinely don't remember any pain at all though - am thinking they might have given me something for the pain, pre-emptively ?? as I certainly never was in pain.

I was surprised how long it was before I felt 'right'... they said 4 weeks off work and i thought I'd have 4 or 5 days recovering then become a 'lady who lunches' grin. Sadly, I actually felt like I needed the time off - however this might have been me reacting to the anaesthetic. I've had surgery again since (nothing to do with that) and it did take me 3 weeks or so until I felt properly 'right' that time. You might be fine.

Not sure what else I can tell you ?

Except - it was brilliant - just WISH I'd had it done years before sad

moniger75 Sat 15-Nov-14 00:54:26

Thank you. I appreciate you getting back to me. I have been real nervous about getting the surgery, but I have seen several people that wish they would have done it sooner. My incontinence isn't horrible at this point.. I cant run without leaking, or sneeze, or if I start vomiting it is really bad. But I am 28 and have had this since the birth of my child several years ago, so I figured I might at well get it done now, before it gets worse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now