Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Pulled something in my neck/back, how can I prevent waking up in the morning and not being able to move?

(7 Posts)
marne2 Thu 13-Nov-14 20:57:23

Pulled a muscle whilst doing nothing ( was just sat down on mn ), it's quite painful but at the moment I can turn my head a little and move around, I know it's going to be worse in the morning, is there anything I can do to prevent waking up and being unable to move? I have a ice/heat pack, will that help?

SageSeymour Thu 13-Nov-14 21:38:11

A hot bath followed by a couple of anti inflammatory tablets should help a little

marne2 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:50:37

I have had a warm bath, only have paracetamol sad

SageSeymour Thu 13-Nov-14 21:52:06

Hmmm. Anti inflammatories definitely better. No corner shop?!

marne2 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:54:26

Nope, I live in the middle of nowhere so can't get any until morning, I will check my handbag and Dh's work bag to see if there are any ( must be some somewhere ).

Wolfiefan Thu 13-Nov-14 21:57:00

Hot water bottle?

marne2 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:57:21

I have nurofen for kids, I wonder how much is the equivalent to 2 tablets?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: