Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What's wrong with my hip?

(6 Posts)
BestIsWest Thu 13-Nov-14 20:53:29

I've been having some pain in my hip on and off for a while and occasionally it gives way when I'm walking and put my weight on it. Today it's been much much worse and has been giving way every few minutes. It's a jarring pain deep inside but as soon as I take weight off my leg it disappears.

I'm terrified it's going to give way when I'm going down stairs. There's also a bit of a dull ache in my groin now. I have mentioned it to the doctor before but they didn't seem too concerned. Any ideas what it could be?

BestIsWest Fri 14-Nov-14 19:45:04

Anyone?

Asleeponasunbeam Fri 14-Nov-14 19:49:38

Sounds a lot like the pain I had five years ago. Diagnosed (privately with MRI via sports medicine consultant - GP wasn't interested) as labral tears.

They were going to be surgically fixed on NHS, but I got pregnant so couldn't have it done. Have never felt the pain again!

I was doing a lot of martial arts at the time, which I also stopped while pregnant and haven't had time to start up again. So maybe that was the cause for me.

BestIsWest Fri 14-Nov-14 20:00:44

Thanks, i've been googling and that is one of the things I came across.

Asleeponasunbeam Fri 14-Nov-14 20:33:49

Do you do any particular exercise that might be aggravating it?

They also thought about bursitis when investigating mine. Maybe that's a possibility?

BestIsWest Fri 14-Nov-14 21:54:32

It seems to be worse after I've been sitting for a longtime. The only exercise I do is swimming or walking so I don't think I've damaged it doing that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now