Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Fibromyalgia and brain 'fog'

(6 Posts)
Daisycat22 Thu 13-Nov-14 16:04:43

Hi,

I have Fibromyalgia and I seem to be having a very bad and prolonged flare up of symptoms.

My main concern (aside from the pain) is my inability to think straight and recall information. I know my work is suffering due to this and I am constantly making mistakes. I work in a supporting role for adults so ensuring information is documented accurately is vital.

Can anyone tell me if there is anything I can do to alleviate these symptoms?

RubySparks Thu 13-Nov-14 22:08:21

I have low b12 and had really bad pins and needles as well as fatigue and trouble remembering, having had a course of injections, surprisingly the thing that has got better is the memory problems so may be worth checking that out.

RubySparks Thu 13-Nov-14 22:09:17

I also have a thyroid problem, interestingly low thyroid has much the same symptoms of fibro.

RawCoconutMacaroon Thu 13-Nov-14 22:14:13

Have you tried diet? Something like Whole 30, Paleo or primal autoimmune protocol exclusion diet... A month or 6 weeks on gluten, grain, dairy free will tell you if food reactions to the usual suspects are causing/worsening your symptoms.

I'm assuming you've already been tested for Coeliac?

Daisycat22 Fri 14-Nov-14 11:42:02

I've had my thyroid checked and that's OK I've not been tested for Coeliac disease or B12 levels.

I think I will see my GP about getting some more tests and in the meantime I will look at my diet

sanfairyanne Fri 14-Nov-14 17:15:22

did you have thyroid antibodies checked as well? we are crap in the uk at diagnosing dodgy thyroids

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now