Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

fibroadenoma

(9 Posts)
beavington Wed 12-Nov-14 23:49:32

Hello
Went to hospital about a breast lump in the summer and it was a fibroadenoma. It seemed massive to me but think it only measured 3-4cm when scanned and was told to see how it goes as they can sometimes disappear.

Its grown again and seems really humongous i reckon it is close to 6cm in length. It is visible from the outside now. I think i would like to be rid of it as im concerned it will keep growing but im worried about what removing it would do to my breast. It seems to take a pretty big part of it up, so would this be left empty? Or would normal breast tissue return.

This seems v shallow but i wouldnt like to end up regretting my decision especially whilst thinking it couldve gone away on its own.

What are other peoples experiences?

beavington Thu 13-Nov-14 08:45:17

Bumping for day time folk

beavington Thu 13-Nov-14 11:46:19

Any lunch time readers? grin

AnythingNotEverything Thu 13-Nov-14 11:51:40

I think if it's grown you need to have it checked again. I have fibroadenoma too but never one I've wanted to remove. I think I've been told they can be though. I would think you're breast tissue would just fill the gap.

beavington Thu 13-Nov-14 12:02:35

Thanks anything. Just thought id add, it would make sense to go to drs and i will. But i know that this is something that theyve changed their course of action on in recent years and would quite like to hear peoples experiences so i know what i would like to happen and not just go along with what dr says because this is what they 'do' now.

Chefpepperjack Thu 13-Nov-14 12:12:29

I was given the choice to get mine removed.
I wanted it out, about 4-5cm
Mine is a perfect scar,very flat, but it was right on bra underwire
It might depend where it is as to what the scar/ recovery is like

beavington Thu 13-Nov-14 12:23:36

If you had an imaginary line where your chest ends and your breast begins - mine starts there and goes diagonally down to about an inch from my nipple. How big is your scar?

Chefpepperjack Thu 13-Nov-14 17:48:01

It's about an inch, but it healed v well, you can't even see it now.
8 years ago
I think if you can talk to the surgeon, that might ease your mind ?

beavington Thu 13-Nov-14 18:30:16

Ah that sounds great jack. I will bring it up in next gp appt smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now