Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

how much does your time of the month affect you?

(4 Posts)
stiltonandmerlot Wed 12-Nov-14 15:16:54

I have come to realise that the way I am at this time of the month is perhaps not normal - or maybe it is - you tell me.

I feel absolutely murderous for the few days before hand. I snap and shout and am just vile. Then during i feel utterly depressed and hopeless. I question everything and want to drink myself into a hole. Not to mention the crippling pain I experience and the sheer volume of blood loss is horrendous.

Can I do anything about this? Is this normal? (I can't be on the pill as we are trying for baby number 2). Am I alone in this?

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 12-Nov-14 15:50:39

Crippling pain during menses is not normal at all and you should not put up with it. Endometriosis is a common cause of very painful periods and it can also cause heavy blood loss.

I would start keeping a daily pain and symptom diary (noting pain scale from 1-10) and insist to the GP that you are referred to a gynae for further evaluation for both the PMT and the pains you are experiencing. DO not take no for an answer.

stiltonandmerlot Wed 12-Nov-14 16:54:01

i have always had it, when i was in my early 20s I used to have to leave work because i was in so much pain. I'm very worried about Endometriosis? Does that mean I could have difficulties getting pregnant?

Only1scoop Wed 12-Nov-14 16:56:17

I could fall out with my big toe a couple of days before and very tearful....only been like it last couple of years though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now