Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Hair loss with Cerazette - which pill to change to?

(2 Posts)
Aberchips Wed 12-Nov-14 10:25:12

Have posted this in Family Planning too but posting here as not sure howmuch traffic there is there & need to make my mind up on this before next week.

I'm hoping someone will have experienced this & be able to advise me. Recently I started losing hair (first noticed it significantly in July time) - not patchy just a general thinning all over, to the point where my hairdresser commented on it & asked me if I'd been diagnosed with a hormonal deficiency/ vitamin deficiency of some kind! I'd recently been at the doctors for some routine bloods so they would have picked that up.

Earlier this year I changed from Femodene to Cerazette due to migraine problems and this is the only thing I can think of that has changed. Some research on the web suggests that this can be a side effect of Cerazette.

Has anyone else experienced hair loss on Cerazette & what pill did you change to? Would have to be mini pill as cannot take combined due to risk of blood clots/migraines.

Thanks

whatshallwedo Thu 13-Nov-14 20:04:56

I had exactly the same problem with Cerelle which is meant to be the cheaper version so I don't recommend that one!

My gp wouldn't have it that the pill was causing the hair loss even though it is listed as a side effect. I have stopped taking it now for two months a d the hair loss has slowed down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now