Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Psychosexual therapy and Vaginismus?

(8 Posts)
Tsoukalosy Tue 11-Nov-14 22:58:32

Hi Has anyone got any experience with this? What happens and is it successful? stressing out so much.

Thanks for any reply's.

Tsoukalosy Tue 11-Nov-14 22:59:01

And forgot to name change D'oh!

Tsoukalosy Tue 11-Nov-14 23:03:15

No one around at all? sad

Now42 Tue 11-Nov-14 23:13:01

Hoping I don't out myself but I have had therapy for vaginismus and it was fantastic. I think I had about 10 sessions and went from being completely unable to have sex to being perfectly fine. One of the main things was understanding why the problems had begun (stemming from infertility in my case) and also accepting that there was nothing physically wrong with me. I got a set of dilators on prescription which helped enormously too. Definitely a positive experience.

Tsoukalosy Tue 11-Nov-14 23:18:44

That is fantastic news Now I should be getting my letter in about 2 weeks and am really nervous. I think I'm more emotional about it today as my best friend has told me she found out she is pregnant I am happy for her but insanely jealous. I know that makes me sound awful sad

Now42 Tue 11-Nov-14 23:28:49

My GP referred me after a nightmare internal examination, I don't think I would have had the courage to speak to anyone otherwise. I was completely sceptical about the whole therapy thing but it was actually really nice just chatting about myself for a change. I could have asked for dh to come to some sessions but decided to do it on my own.

I was completely nervous too but once the problem was out in the open it was quite easy to talk about. And it worked! Looking back now I so wish I had spoken to someone earlier. I wasted so many years sad. And now it isn't a problem at all, I can just do it without even thinking about it!

Best of luck, I hope you get your letter through soon

Tsoukalosy Tue 11-Nov-14 23:33:07

Thank you so much! I haven't ever spoken to anyone but my GP about this until now and didn't think there was anyone else who would understand. I also wish I had done this sooner as I feel I have wasted so much time pushing people away. I hope I can overcome it as well smile

dwestwood001 Fri 19-Dec-14 09:34:33

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now