Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Scabby carpet burn on face, what should i put on it?

(13 Posts)
BeyondTheLimits Tue 11-Nov-14 21:40:24

As you can see from the first pic, it has scabbed nicely since yesterday. What (that im likely to already have) shall i put on it? I tried aftersun earlier, but didnt seem to moisturise it as much as i had hoped...

Vitalstatistix Tue 11-Nov-14 21:54:44

ouch. How the devil did you manage that?

savlon or something?

BeyondTheLimits Tue 11-Nov-14 21:57:56

I think i have savlon, will have a look now

Nothing fun (which has been everyones first guess!) i was ill sunday night in bed, sat up and fainted from sitting. Face hit the floor first and then must have slid along it i guess. It is rather sore, though i'm looking forward to it peeling off grin

mineofuselessinformation Tue 11-Nov-14 21:58:57

Can't see the pic (on app), but vaseline all the way. Keep it moist, it will minimise any scarring.

HowsTheSerenity Tue 11-Nov-14 22:00:52

Well the first thing that came to mind about you having carpet burn on your face was rude grin

It looks like it's healing well. It has a scab. Doesn't appear infected (does it?).
I'd just leave it.
I guess you could put some sudocream on it if you really wanted to but it won't do much.

ishouldcocoa Tue 11-Nov-14 22:01:46

Sudocrem might work. It's known as 'Magic Cream' in this house.

Sparklingbrook Tue 11-Nov-14 22:02:58

Ooh ouch Beyond. I wondered if Sudocrem may help.

DS1 had one on his forehead (he was about 5) from crawling round the living room with his head on the floor. The day before the school photos. Looked great as you can imagine.

BeyondTheLimits Tue 11-Nov-14 22:04:45

Ow savlon is stinging. Thats a good sign, yes? <clench teeth>

I have vaseline in the car, would have to go and get it. No sudocrem (i dont think?) but have bepanthan around somewhere.

smile

mawinter Tue 11-Nov-14 22:09:35

Burn Cream or Medihoney Derma Cream or Gel.

Vaseline with wounds, esp burns is not good. It only smothers the skin leaving it open to infection.

Vitalstatistix Tue 11-Nov-14 22:10:31

don't put too much on it though. The best thing for that is that the air gets to it and it heals.

And yes. My first thought was not that you fainted. grin

sorry to hear that, though. You're feeling better now I hope?

BeyondTheLimits Tue 11-Nov-14 22:12:24

Yeah im okay, i just have a dopey body sometimes, it likes to randomly lose consciousness smile

May09Bump Tue 11-Nov-14 22:14:10

Aquaphor from boots - fantastic stuff, heals and prevents scarring.

iwantgin Wed 12-Nov-14 13:22:17

Yikes. I'd be inclined to just leave it alone actually. Keep it clean and don't pick the scab.

I did a good one recently- hit myself on the chin in my sleep - with a very sharp thumbnail. Took a big chunk out - looked lovely that did for a couple of weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now