Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

thrush *cries*

(13 Posts)
OnlyWantsOne Tue 11-Nov-14 21:33:02

It started last Thursday - coped with exterior cream until yesterday when I got the chance to go to a pharmacy.

Took the pill to kill it.

Am still in agony and now have mouth ulcers, which I think means it's in my mouth ewwwwww

What do I do to cope now?

I'm on FIRE

OpiesOldLady Tue 11-Nov-14 21:39:18

Right, you need acidopholous. Holland and Barrett sell it, or any good herbalist. You want the stuff they keep in the fridge as it's the strongest.

You also need these from Boots

www.boots.com/en/Dequadin-0.25mg-Lozenges-40-Lozenges_920845/?cm_mmc=pla-_-google-_-PLAs-_-Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Health+and+Pharmacy

Good luck, I hope you get relief soon x

mineofuselessinformation Tue 11-Nov-14 21:46:13

Natural yoghurt (both ends) will soothe it, but it sounds like you need a 'full body' treatment. See your gp.

OnlyWantsOne Tue 11-Nov-14 22:01:46

full body treatment?

mineofuselessinformation Tue 11-Nov-14 22:11:00

Cream and tablets (including Daktarin for the oral thrush). It sounds like you really need to 'blast' it, which the gp can help you with.

BigPawsBrown Tue 11-Nov-14 23:36:28

Pessary, internal pill and cream. Can you have a day where you wear no knickers? Luckily for me I can do this some weekends. I am prone to it/wearing tights and sitting at my desk for 12 hour stretches causes it for me which is basically my entire job

BigPawsBrown Tue 11-Nov-14 23:37:49

I went through a phase of having it all the time, and gp basically said to just keep trying the pessaries. Eventually they work. i try to leave a week between each one though, and do it on a night where you'll get a long ish sleep to avoid it dropping out too soon grin

marriednotdead Tue 11-Nov-14 23:47:44

Without wishing to sound preachy, you also need to address the cause.

Thrush is fungal and needs sugar and yeast to thrive and grow. In the short term, I would suggest eliminating as much of that as you can from your diet.

Longer term, consider an anti candida diet. In the simplest of terms, the candida (that causes thrush) needs to be starved out of your system so that it dies off. My DD did it a few years ago by strictly ditching all sugar and yeast for two months. She used to get thrush constantly which took several doses of treatment to shift, and would still recur. She hasn't had it since.

McFox Wed 12-Nov-14 01:02:10

Coconut oil is anti-fungal and really puts a stop to it for me if I eat it and slather it on.

ethelb Wed 12-Nov-14 08:09:03

You need to go to go for proper diagnosis and treatment. It may not be thrush.

OnlyWantsOne Wed 12-Nov-14 16:24:08

Mushrooms cause it for me. I cut them out a year ago when I discovered the harcombe diet. I've eaten them rarely over last month and been fine then last week ate them for 5 meals over 4 days!!!

OnlyWantsOne Wed 12-Nov-14 16:24:58

I eat a very restricted clean diet any way due to bowel problems so no sugars except occasional fruit and no yeast.

Basically live on veg and dairy.

OttiliaVonBCup Wed 12-Nov-14 21:05:19

Iron your knickers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now