Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blurred vision all day :-(

(12 Posts)
MozzchopsThirty Tue 11-Nov-14 17:33:00

I thought I had a migraine this morning, took triptan, headache went but was left with blurred vision at a distance (fine close up)
Went to GP who said i needed to see an optician (had full eye test last week including pressure, dilating drops etc and all ok)
Went to A&E who initially said they were gonna do a CT to rule out a bleed, then changed their minds and said the blurred vision should clear up!

So now I'm home, really worried, still very blurry and not sure what to do hmm

dontgetsickpay Tue 11-Nov-14 17:34:40

2nd opinion at another hospital?

MozzchopsThirty Tue 11-Nov-14 17:42:51

I was thinking of going back, but I don't want to be one of those people demanding tests

dontgetsickpay Tue 11-Nov-14 19:16:41

Go back or to another hospital

MrsMinton Tue 11-Nov-14 19:20:54

I have migraines with no pain. My vision is distorted in one eye when it happens and I have auras in that eye too. I would ask for another opinion but it could be linked to the migraine earlier.

awfulomission Tue 11-Nov-14 19:25:53

The pattern of my migraine changes sometimes. I get migraine with aura but no pain.

I get a blind spot and zig zagging rainbows that eventually move off in one direction or another.

However, these symptoms could be serious and I would go back. Don't feel bad demanding these tests. Just because you suffer migraine it doesn't mean to say that you shouldn't have other possibilities ruled out.

flowers

wfrances Tue 11-Nov-14 19:31:15

ds10 was admitted with sudden blurred vision and photophobia in aug
had loads of tests including ct and lumbar puncture
no diagnosis yet ,neuro keep asking for more tests ,and maybe another lumbar
i would go back , they told us they needed to rule out emergencys so had to do ct and lumbar.thankfully they were both normal- i wouldnt like to chance it.

MozzchopsThirty Tue 11-Nov-14 21:00:32

Thanks all, I'm terrified of sleeping alone tonight.
Scared I'll wake up the same tomorrow and even more scared I might not wake up hmm

I think I will go back in the morning

awfulomission Tue 11-Nov-14 21:07:26

Ok. There's every likelihood this is connected to your migraine.

Will you sleep alone tonight? (Sorry, odd question out of context I know!) Are you on your own with DCs?

It will almost certainly be fine. In fact, you may wake up tomorrow morning and everything is much better. But, if it relaxes you more, take your phone to bed with you and get everything ready for the morning if you can before bedtime. And tomorrow is another day - do go back to get checked out.

I know how anxiety inducing these symptoms can be. brew

MozzchopsThirty Tue 11-Nov-14 21:11:57

Yes on my own with dcs

I have people I can call and one grown up dc here

awfulomission Tue 11-Nov-14 21:17:34

That's good to hear.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow. Given your tendency to migraine, it's more likely to be migraine than anything else.

Sleep as well as you can.

dontgetsickpay Thu 13-Nov-14 12:29:03

How are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now