Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bleeding after sex

(9 Posts)
itiswhatitiswhatitis Mon 10-Nov-14 20:40:24

I know the answer is go to the doctors and I have an appointment but not until next week.

Couple of weeks ago I had a very light bit of spotting for a couple of days bit pinkish to start then mostly brownish (TMI).

Today I have noticed the same thing happening. Coincendently (or not) both times it has started after having had sex the night before. If it was related to the sex wouldn't it have started fairly soon after?

Period is due in the next week (can't be to exact as cycle seems to be getting abit shorter each month at the minute confused )

Anyhoo whilst I wait for my doctors appointment some reassuring advice on what's causing it would be great

grunty Mon 10-Nov-14 20:44:27

How old are you. I had this and very irregular and heavy periods but not menopausal. I have taken Provera for a year and it stopped the bleeding altogether. I was also offered endometrial ablation ( burn away womb lining). The GP did a smear and I had an ultrasound and biopsy ( similar to a smear) at the hospital.

I think it can also be caused by eroded cells in the cervix.

AuntieStella Mon 10-Nov-14 20:44:50

One possibility is cervical polyps. They are almost always benign.

Have you had a smear recently? (Cervical polyps are often diagnosed by being spotted when someone peers up there).

itiswhatitiswhatitis Mon 10-Nov-14 20:57:48

Am 37. Periods have been very heavy since ds was born 6 years ago. Usually fairly regular but have noticed less so over last few months. Have had a smear in July but maybe they will do another?

I had this - it was due to cervical erosion. Are you on the pill? Apparently this can increase the possibility of cervical erosion happening. Get to the doctors & get it sorted!

itiswhatitiswhatitis Mon 10-Nov-14 21:08:33

No not on the pill. Dr's appoint for thursday next week but will keep checking the online booking to see if I can get in sooner.

Quitelikely Mon 10-Nov-14 21:16:23

Cervical erosion is what I had. It was only aggravated in certain positions though. Still you need to get checked out.

itiswhatitiswhatitis Mon 10-Nov-14 21:19:10

Thanks for the replies feel a little bit more reassured but will definately see dr

IMurderedStampyLongnose Mon 10-Nov-14 21:22:50

I've had cervical erosion and it was just like this,got it cauterised but it came back.You should still go get it checked out though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now